Deadline: October 31st, 2011
Theme: Body Image
Be brave, bold and beautiful. Value everyone.
Is the trans movement celebrating body type diversity in positive ways? Does it further impose mainstream pressures on our body image? How can we celebrate all body types in healthy and constructive ways? And how do we do this without adding to the fetishisation of the sex and gender diverse community?
We want to hear what your thoughts are on body image. What do we need to share with each other? What assumptions are often made and why?
Including but not limited to, body image in relation to:
• expectations of uber masculinity: both in the mainstream, such as media, magazines, movies; and on youtube and ftm forums
• various subcultures such as bears, lesbian, sporting clubs and codes, gyms, punks, S/M, leather, anarchist, activist, men-only spaces, SOP
• not being on T/natural transitioning
• butch-not-trans / butch-and-trans
• genderqueers or dykes who bind or have had top surgery
• people with (dis)abilities or people who are differently abled.
• body size diversity and positivity
• substance use
• people with eating disorders
• femme ftms
• surviving sexual assault
• gender dysphoria
• dealing with health professionals
• strategic essentialism
Submissions from Australia and New Zealand will be highly regarded, but the call out is open to everyone world wide.
Dude is a not for profit, creative resource on transmasculinity; a zine combining short articles, stories and imagery. To download Dude 1 go to: DUDE is LIVE.
We encourage photo submissions from a diverse range of people who identify as male / trans /genderqueer / transmasculine / butch / femme ftm / ftm / m2m / especially people of colour / people who are chubby / people with disabilities / freaks / people not on T.
Also, we love cock pictures.
Length: No submission is too short: brief articles are preferred (less than 500 words) but longer text will be considered if relevant and well crafted.
Payment: At this time we are unable to offer payment for submissions. Each contributor will receive a copy of Dude 2.
All submissions in electronic format to email@example.com
Include with subject line SUBMISSION DUDE 2: PHOTO/TEXT (as appropriate).
Text in .doc format
Images: JPG format, higher quality the better. Please note that colour images will be converted to greyscale.
If you have further enquiries, email with subject line “ENQUIRY DUDE 2”
This call out is on facebook.